SPOON, FULL OF TRUTH

A heavy dose of truth, humor, and political activism.

Name:
Location: Phila, Pennsylvania, United States

Friday, December 22, 2006

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

HOLIDAY VACATION--The Spoon, Full of Truth is on vacation for the holidays. I am off to Canada to spend some time with my wife and in-laws. If you're in serious need of some truth before the new year, please take this time to go back and read some old posts from the archives. You might find a hidden gem in there that you missed before. The Spoon, Full of Truth archives: the gift that keeps on giving. There are also a few new reviews in the reviews section (located by the archives). I would also like to send a special thank you to my uncle Michael Miller for finally awarding me with the "WORLD'S GREATEST GRILLED CHEESE MAKER" trophy that I have deserved for so long. I take my title very seriously and will display my trophy for all to see. Happy Holiday wishes to all. I hope you're all able to take some time to relax and celebrate. Check back soon, to get more truth, straight from the Spoon!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your trophy for the greatest grilled cheese maker. I know that you have worked hard to acheive that award.As you know, I, for many years , made the finest grilled cheese sandwich. It is fitting that the title should pass to you. Happy holidays !

December 22, 2006 10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A woman born and bred in Philly, I always thought Rocky was over-rated and superficial. You've changed my mind. I once wrote in college a paper on the meaning of work. We all read Studs Terkle's book (called "Work" I think) and then were told to define for ourselves the meaning of working. I concluded that one's commitment to work is what gives it its meaning. Think about it. If you are not committed to what you do and just go through the motions to receive a pay check, your work will seem meaningless (other than the means to put food on the table which does have some value if starving is the alternative). So Spoon, your commitment to Rocky and Philadelphia made me realize that we as Philadelphians will find meaning in our city if we are committed to its traditions and embrace them fully with all our heart and soul. Thanks for the reminder.

I will now forward your blog to 3 friends.

Happy New Year to all you other committed Spoon readers.

January 05, 2007 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home